| Our wonderful cousin Dina |
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Haircuts, Chuck E Cheese & no more nite nites!
Michael HATES to get a haircut (most autistic kids do) so we bribe him with a trip to Chuck E Cheese for every haircut. Lately we've been going every couple of weeks & Michael's been tolerating haircuts so YAY! Probably not the best parenting but oh well. Rick's wonderful cousin Dina comes over to our house & cuts his hair for us so that is so nice. He's gone to the salon where I go too but lately he wants Dina to cut it which is usually easier anyway.
Michael has finally given up the pacifier (he called them his nite nites). He didn't really use them they were just a security thing. Most kids get attached to a blanket or stuffed animal but Michael got attached to his nite nites and it's been hard for him to give them up. My cousin Karrie is having a baby in July (thanks for having a baby to help me out Karrie-LOL) so I've been telling Michael for months that he has to give his nite nites to his baby cousin Ruby. A few weeks ago he said out of the blue that he didn't need them which was shocking but exciting, the next night however he wanted them again. : ( I told him I would only give him one (he usually gets two) & he started telling me he needed two but I told him it was one or none & he chose none! He's so stubborn & this time it worked against him. Ha ha Anyways he's been nite nite free ever since and I'm just a little excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Its about time you wrote more...like I should talk. You should be excited! That is great. Chuckie Cheese!? You are so brave. I went one time for one of Michaels bdays, and never wanted to go back. I had never seen so many kids in my life LOL! It was fun though. I am proud of you girl. Your parenting is fine. You have to do what you have to do. You don't do that with everything with him, so you are fine. I love you!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete